Skip to Main Content
logo

reviews image 5.0 Star Rating from 266 Reviews as of 08/17/19 Read All

logo
Home HVAC Energy Efficiency

Energy Efficient Heating & Cooling For Your Home

Green house

Nearly half of the energy used in your home goes to the heating and cooling of your Akron area home. Making the smart decision to looking into the energy efficiency of a new HVAC system can save you significant energy costs over the years to come.

Being faced with a furnace installation or having to replace an existing air conditioner is never fun. Yet, consider the fact that you can choose new equipment that will offer you years of energy efficiency and comfort rather than dealing with an energy-hogging system you hesitate to run.

There are many heating and air conditioning systems our heating contractors in Akron can help you choose from today. As your Akron, OH Amana brand comfort specialist, our vast knowledge and experience is available to help you decide on a heating & cooling system that offers the most energy efficiency and best suits your specific needs.

The size and age of your home, as well as the number of rooms, climate, local & regional utility costs, and utility incentive/rebate programs are all factors that will affect the functionality and, therefore, your selection of your new air conditioning and heating system.

  • Energy Efficient Air Conditioners
  • Energy Efficient Heaters, Boilers & Furnaces
  • Energy Efficient Central HVAC Systems
  • Financing Available for New Systems!

ENERGY STAR Rated High-Efficiency Heating & AC Systems

ENERGY STAR is a program that was created by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to help businesses and individuals make energy efficient purchases.

This program places the ENERGY STAR label, a small blue and white logo, on items that meet superior energy efficiency standards. This label provides an easy way for consumers to identify quality, high-efficiency products.

We can install Energy Star® qualified heating and cooling systems:

  • Air Conditioners
  • Gas Furnaces
  • Packaged Units
  • Ductless Systems
  • Heat Pumps
  • Boilers
  • Electric Heaters
  • Wall Heaters
  • Radiators

Learn About Furnace Energy Efficiency Ratings

Furnaces are rated by the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratio, which is the percent of heat produced for every dollar of fuel consumed,or how efficiently a furnace converts gas into heating energy. Its AFUE rating is measured as a percentage.

Like the miles-per-gallon rating on your automobile, the higher the AFUE rating, the lower your fuel costs. An AFUE of 90% means that 90% of the energy in the fuel becomes heat for the home and the other 10% escapes up the chimney and elsewhere.

According to the EPA- AFUE doesn't include the heat losses of the duct system or piping, which can be as much as 35% of the energy for output of the furnace when ducts are located in the attic, garage, or other partially conditioned or unconditioned space.

All furnaces manufactured today must meet at least 80% AFUE in the south and 90% AFUE in the North. If your furnace is 10 - 15 years old, it very well may fall below the current furnace minimum and waste energy- costing you money.

When shopping for high-efficiency furnaces and boilers, look for the ENERGY STAR® label. If you live in a cold climate, it usually makes sense to invest in the highest-efficiency system. In milder climates with lower annual heating costs, the extra investment required to go from 80% to 90% to 95% efficiency may be hard to justify.

This doesn't mean that you should only select a furnace based on its AFUE rating. The efficiency rating is just one factor to consider when looking for a new furnace.

We are always happy to help you select your new air conditioner or furnace replacement system. We'll be right there beside you to answer any questions you may have!

If you're looking for energy efficiency in the Akron area, please call 330-633-4949 or complete our online service request form.